Friday, June 25, 2010

16 weeks and counting...

I am so behind here...I meant to update on Tuesday after my appointments but I was pretty wiped out!  Both of my appointments went well. I am very happy that everything with Baby Nixon is going well so far...I dont take these moments/appointments for granted AT ALL, and I'll be the first to say that.  My cervix did shorten a little but is still at an average length and is still closed - which is a great start.  I will be monitored every 1.5 - 2 weeks by the Perinatologists, and so far every doctor I have seen has been wonderful.  I was cleared to return to work, which has made me extremely tired and sore at night.  Hopefully that will change soon.  I have another appointment and u/s on the 2nd of July (can you believe it is already July???) and I hope we can find out what we are having!  Here are my 16 week stats...

Pregnancy Highlights:



How Far Along: 16 Weeks

Size of baby: about the size of an avocado - 4.5 inches and 3.5 ounces. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still "under weight" from the surgery, now lets not confuse this with underweight because friends, that is NOT my issue.  So I will just say that I just havent gained any yet.   

Maternity Clothes: Still in all of my regular clothes


Gender: Unknown...hopefully we will find out next week! 

Movement: I havent felt any movement yet

What I miss: nothing

Sleep: I have had no problem sleeping. I do wake up about every 3 hours to go to the bathroom but am able to go right back to sleep


Symptoms: During the 1st trimester I could hardly eat meat - that is starting to come around a bit but am still having some food aversions to meat and some other foods - I made spaghetti & meatballs for dinner last night and couldnt eat the meatballs/red sauce...


Cravings: Still the veggie bowls bowls from chipotle - I didnt think I would live to see the day I would ever get a meat-less meal from any where.

Best Moment this week: Knowing that things are going well so far.  Around 15-17 weeks is when I started having a few issues with Emma so it is just an uneasy time.  I am 16 weeks and inching my way closer... 


What I am looking forward to: My next appointment & u/s on the 2nd - hopefully we can find out if it is a boy or girl!  What do you think?? 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, we are going out to dinner (Chipotle!) & a movie tonight with our wonderful best friends Dave & Tonya.  I am looking forward to it!  Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I have been praying for you and wondering how things were going. And I'm going to go ahead and vote BOY. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you're getting good news at your appointments...keep inching your way along. I'm thinking boy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad everything is going so well! Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that you're doing well, Angie! Can't wait to hear if you're having a boy or a girl! I'm never good at guessing but I'm gonna go with boy. Can't wait to hear names too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!