Tuesday, June 8, 2010

part of your heart

When you lose a baby, part of your heart leaves with them. I am convinced of that. You will never feel the same as you were before if you have to walk this road. You will be forever changed. I look at things so differently now. As I watch my beautiful niece grow, I can’t help but wonder what Emma would have been like, what their relationship would be, the similarities, the differences, etc. Emma would have been 19 months old, I can’t believe it. Oh how I miss our sweet girl.

Over the past year ½ plus, we have been putting our full trust in God and HIS plan. Although it might not have been ours & our hearts will never be the same, I truly believe losing Emma has made our hearts even bigger and prepared us for so much more. One of the things that we need to be prepared for is having another baby. And well to be honest, the past 19 months without a child have not been "easy".  You dont go back to your life prior to being pregnant.  So although I wish our sweet Emma was here to tell you….

She is going to be a big sister! We are excited yet cautious, as losing a child will ultimately do that to you, regardless of how long it has been since you lost a child. I do not want worry and fear to cloud this pregnancy so I would appreciate your prayers in this! God knows exactly when this baby will be born and I find great comfort in that, although I am seriously praying for full term!  I am 14 weeks on Thursday, due December 9th! I have had many doctor appointments and am comforted by the fact that my doctors are being proactive and very helpful. Please join us in praying for our precious baby! Ill update more later…but for now ill leave you with one of my new favorite pictures :)

He has made everything beautiful in its time.  Ecclesiastes 3:11

Love,
Josh, Angie & baby Nixon

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!

    So excited for you!

    Hugs,
    Trisha

    ps- I was expecting this announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! Will pray for a wonderful pregnancy and healthy baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad you're off to a good start. Your due date is the week of my birthday, and a healthy full term baby is about the best gift I could ask for. Good luck with your appointment next week! Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you and the baby hun.... I cant explan how excited I am for you! Love you and looking forward to more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay, I am SO excited! Congrats, Angie! I will be praying for you guys!!!

    P.S. Your due date is just three days before my birthday! What a special month that will be with your anniversary too, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats... I've been waiting for this post. I will be praying for a healthy and happy full term pregnancy. Hopefully it will go by fast and before you know it, you'll be holding your litle one in your arms

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Girl! We will be in prayer for you and Josh to be at peace with this pregnancy....and for that precious little babe, that it grow's strong and healthy! We are very excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited! I've been praying for this for you since I started following your blog. I will be praying for you I know I would be nervous too, I was so nervous when I was told I was pregnant with Lukas nearly a year ago. I hope he and Emma are friends in heaven.

    Congrats and I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Angie! Jax & Avie can't wait to meet their new buddy! Let me know if you need anything at all. We're thinking of and praying for you and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATS ANG!! So happy to see this :) I will pray for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby (Im calling another girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! It's a girl! I can tell by the nub theory-google it if you don't know what that is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I miss this post?!!! How exciting! I am so happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!