Thursday, May 19, 2011

momma was tired (time for cereal!)

We started giving Kallen rice cereal on her 5 month birthday (5/6/11).  She had been sleeping through the night and eating consistently every 3-3.5 hours and then all of a sudden she was waking up in the night again to eat & wanting to nurse about every 2.5 hours during the day.  So I talked to her pediatrician and he suggested trying cereal as she might not be satisfied enough with just breastmilk.  I waited for about a week to see if it would change and once it didnt - I gave in!  (I was hoping to wait until the recommended 6 months age but the girl was hungry...and momma was tired!)
Kal's new toy to keep her occupied in the highchair....she looks less than pleased here - but she actually loves it! 

She did NOT like it the first time she ate it. 

She is loving the cereal now & cant get enough.  She still has to take a bite or 2 before she remembers what it is and then chow's down!  

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, she is starting to look SO big!! Those faces crack me up

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!