Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The stockings are hung

Last year I didnt know if I would be "up" to decorating for the holidays.  I definitely wasnt looking forward to everything, even though Christmas is my absolute FAVORITE time of year...I did get married on the 21st of December remember?   Well when I wasnt doing anything after we lost Emma, I decided to put my Christmas decorations up.  I have always loved doing it so I knew that I just had to, regardless of our circumstances.  So I did.  I put my decorations up and granted they didnt make me "better" but it did help.  It wasnt so gloomy around the house and didnt appear that I was so heartbroken and didnt want to come out of my room.   

Fast forward to this year.   I was starting to think about Emma's birthday and getting sad.  It was Halloween, which isnt my favorite of holidays so I was sort of down...so what did I do?  Oh yes I did it, I put up my Christmas tree and my Christmas decorations.  I love it.  It makes me smile when I need it most.  I will leave you with some pictures to get you into the holiday spirit :)




I dont have all my ornaments on my tree so dont judge too harshly just yet :)  I technically cannot put any on the bottom because Kobe is tempted to play with them!  I am also bummed to say that when I came home tonight Kobe had already decided to play with my handmade tree skirt, lets just say my emotional self started crying when I saw that - ugh those dogs sometimes!!!

 The stockings are hung





My favorite stocking of all - our sweet angel.


My mom got me this nativity seen the year we got married.  I love it because it is small & simple but says so much.  I love nativity scenes.  I think I have 3 already and have 2 up right now! 

I love these vases that I got at HomeGoods for very CHEAP!  Which is even better because when I was changing out my fall fillers to the Christmas ornaments I broke the top of the Viking colored ornaments.  Oh well - I guess I will have to make another stop in there! 

Now I just cannot wait to listen to Christmas music!  That will be the icing on the cake!  I decided that I am going to get the Chris Tomlin Christmas cd this year - I love him and Christmas music so I know it will be a great purchase already!  Dont worry, I will probably wait until after Thanksgiving to start listening to Christmas music. 

Thanks for your prayers - I really appreciate them as always!!  I pretty much lost it last night - the littlest thing started the tears.  I am hoping to compose myself tonight. 

I ordered miss Emma a cake for Friday.  Boy do I miss that sweet girl. 

Angie

8 comments:

  1. You have a very special blog...

    Hope you will stop by my Christmas blog ....there is a great giveaway this week....

    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie-

    You are doing a great job at taking charge of your circumstances and getting joy out of them. We have a stocking for Nate as well but I have yet to put up any of my Christmas stuff. I'm glad that you ordered Emma a cake. That's what a mama does...

    Hugs,
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie,

    I'm thinking of and praying for you today. I pray that it is more joyful than sad, and I know that has to come from Jesus. May be protect your heart today.

    I love your tree and Christmas decorations. ; ) You've encouraged me to get my things out, too.

    I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Psalm 116:1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm saying a prayer for you today. I've been there--my son died 10 years ago. I'm starting to blog his story. I found you today from the Macs site.

    Anyway, sweet Emma shares my birthday. Perhaps my Aidan is attending her heavenly birthday party. :)

    hugs from a stranger who gets it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angie,

    I found your blog through Joel and Jess' blog. I just wanted to let you know that I have already prayed for you and will continue to pray for you and your husband.

    Emma is absolutely beautiful. My son Kyler has been in heaven for over 5 years. I'm so amazed with so many people I've met or read about who have lost children, who are Christ followers and love the Lord so much. Just know that as your sister in Christ, I love and am praying for you. Jesus loves you all so much. Continue to cling to Jesus and all His promises. His mercies are new every morning!

    In Him,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking about you and praying for you all week. I hope that yesterday wasn't too hard on you. Praying for peace and comfort for you and your husband.
    - Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog this evening and have been reading through it.
    I can't imagine your loss, but am so impressed with your ability to trust in the Lord. His ways are not our ways.....
    All of my love to you.
    And, i feel like we might be kindred spirits....I decorated for Christmas today, too.
    It DOES make everything feel a little better, huh?
    My love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your Christmas decorations! They look great. I probably won't put mine up until after Thanksgiving, but I always look forward to that time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!