Sunday, November 22, 2009

A whole bunch of everything...

Boy it has been a long time since I have written on here!  Pathetic I am sorry!  Well I will explain more later but this week has been a little crazy to say the least!  So for now I will talk about Emma's Birthday - which I said I would forever ago!   

Emma's Birthday was 16 days ago.  We have been without our baby girl for a year and 16 days.  I cant believe it.  Josh and I both had Emma's birthday off.  Which was good - it was nice to take time and remember and celebrate her.  We recieved flowers throughout the day which was nice & thoughtful of others.  We went out to dinner with Jayson, Bethany and Hopers - and it was so good!  We then dropped Hope off with her Grandma & Grandpa and Jayson & Beth came back to our house.  We had a wonderful cake from Wuollet's and just talked.  It was fun.  We decided that we would make it a yearly get together - which I love.  I worked myself up on what to do and I was "happy" how it unfolded.  I look forward to creating more traditions in honor of Emma's birthday in the years to come.  Here is a picture of her birthday cake that I got - you cant really see the writing because the lighting was just not working - but it said Happy First Birthday Emma.  It was just perfect! 


My brother went hunting last weekend so we offered to watch his puppy - tyce.  He is a half german shepherd/half black lab.  He is adorable but oh so crazy!!  I guess living with 6 college boys who like to have different "friends" over does that to a puppy.  It was fun but let me tell you - I will never ever have 2 dogs at the same time, despite what Joshua may think.  It is definitely not for me.  They sure had fun together though - it was fun watching them enjoy each other so much! 

But just to reiterate - no matter how cute, I do not want 2 dogs at the same time...or I guess I should say a 3 month old puppy and an obsessive crazy dog at the same time...so we will see :)


We also had Hoper's 1st Birthday party - it was so much fun!  Of course - my wonderful Sister in law had about 15 dozen pink roses in the middle of the spread she had out and there was a card that said Happy 1st Birthday Emma.  So sweet & subtle but it makes an insurmountable difference in how I handle things and how I am feeling.  I love you Bethany!!  

Okay I will try and wrap this up - This past Thursday (technically Friday I suppose) night Bethany and I went to see the midnight showing of NEW MOON!!!!  It was so great!  I might be going again with Bethany & a couple other friends soon here...so I better get going!  Ill leave you with the trailer and a great view.... :)  ha!  Have a great week!!! 


3 comments:

  1. so sweet of all your family to remember Emma and her brithday- I am sure it made you heart feel good. Also, sharing the day with your husband and making such sweet memories is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wonderful week! In some ways it feels so strange to go through such a WILD and WIDE range of emotions in the last 3 weeks. Thanks so much for including us on Emma's Birthday and for being with us for Hope's! You mean so much to us and I am thankful and blessed to have a SIL that I can call my closest friend :)

    Hmmm, New Moon..... what can I even say. Loved it, and can't stop listening to the soundtrack...although I swear #4 #6 #8 all make me cry. Am I crazy? PROBABLE. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you guys got to celebrate Emma's birthday in such a special way! Her cake was beautiful!

    That was also awesome that you got to have a girls night! I am so in need of one of those or even a date night!

    Hope you have a great day with your family tomorrow for Thanksgiving!

    Love,
    V

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!