Friday, July 2, 2010

17 weeks and an update

This week has been a little long, but overall great!  I absolutely LOVE the fourth of July and just summer in general!  I wrote a post about the Fourth of July last year as well.  It is just my favorite!  I wish we could be in South Dakota with my family, we have a cabin there and I love being there!  My brother posted this picture on facebook and it made me wish I was there even more!!
So beautiful!!

It is a 4.5 - 5 hour drive however, and with me being high risk it is just not a smart decision to go.  I really would not want to be stuck in SD for the remainder of my pregnancy should anything happen.  We might go to my in laws place that is about an hour away - that is if the perinatologist clears me to travel (I have an appointment this afternoon).  Hopefully all will look great today and we can enjoy the weekend at the lake!      

On Tuesday night Bethany and I went and saw Eclipse!  Yes I am a major fan, it was great! 

Hopefully I can see it again soon...It was seriously really good!! 

I didnt post yesterday because of Send Love to Cohen - which was a day of silence from blogging to support Megan and Brent as they had to bury their sweet baby boy.   Please cover the Marshalls in prayer

Here are Baby Nixon's highlights for the week...

Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: 17 Weeks


Size of baby: size of a turnip - 5 oz and 5 inches long

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Same so far...

Maternity Clothes: Still in all of my regular clothes - but dresses are MUCH more comfortable! 


Gender: Unknown...

Movement: I have started to feel a little movement here and there this past week! 

What I miss: nothing

Sleep: I have had no problem sleeping. I do wake up about every 2-3 hours to go to the bathroom but am able to go right back to sleep

Symptoms: During the 1st trimester I could hardly eat meat - that is starting to come around a bit but am still having some food aversions to meat and some other foods


Cravings: Still the veggie bowls bowls from chipotle - I didnt think I would live to see the day I would ever get a meat-less meal from any where.   


Best Moment this week: Feeling movement!  It is reassuring to me and something I am so grateful for. 


What I am looking forward to: I have an appointment this afternoon - I have ultrasounds at every appointment and if baby Nixon cooperates hopefully we can find out if it is a boy/girl! 

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Fourth of July!!!  I will be sure to update if we find out the sex of the baby! 

2 comments:

  1. I think you're going to have a boy. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to visit friends in South Dakota for the 4th!! Just had to say that, since you said that is where you wanted to go!! Have a great weekend and I hope you find out what you are having!!!! I think GIRL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!