Friday, July 23, 2010

20 weeks

Happy Friday!!  I am finally updating with a few pictures along with my 20 week pregnancy highlights...

How Far Along: 20 weeks...half way there!!


Size of baby: Our sweet baby girl is 12 ounces according to her ultrasound yesterday & about 11 inches long, about the size of a banana. 


Total Weight Gain/Loss: 3lbs


Maternity Clothes: I am still wearing my bella band with my jeans but have moved into my maternity work pants & some maternity shirts...


Gender: Its a GIRL!!  Names to come...


Movement: Its great! It is such a God given gift, especially for this over emotional worried pregnant lady...


What I miss: nothing


Sleep: I have developed some sleeping issues and they are no fun!  I have been getting progesterone shots weekly & have wonderful bruises on each hip (that I am very grateful for).  I am a side & stomach sleeper and since sleeping on my stomach isnt really working out, each time I turn onto my side I wake up in pain...well it makes it an interesting night...


Symptoms: My meat aversions are starting to come around...THANKFULLY! I am just not a meat less type of girl so that was hard!


Cravings: Licorice, chips, beef pickles & Simply lemonade, the raspberry kind...SO good!


Best Moment this week: feeling movement is always the best moment for me. I feel the baby move especially after I eat, which I just love (eating & feeling the baby move :).  We also had 2 long ultrasounds in the past week which were so much fun.  The best news was that she is healthy.  It was also fun to see that baby girl be SO incredibly active as well...even if it is a look into our future - ill take it! 

What I am looking forward to:  Seeing the Evans Family this weekend!!  They have 2 sweet girls, Hallie & Harper and I cant wait until we can enjoy the weekend with them!  I see many games of Rook & nertz in the future for us!  We always have a wonderful time with them and make great memories.   


This sweet girl is Hannah.  Josh's cousin Tommy & his wife Peggy had this adorable girl last week and we got to see her on Wednesday night for Grandma's birthday!  She is a little peanut & is already loved and adored so much! 


I have been eyeing this bookshelf from Pottery Barn Kids for awhile & I finally purchased it.  Josh wasnt too thrilled but I like it & think it will look great on the wall rather than a large bookshelf taking up more room.  I started to put some of the books I had in there (from school & teaching) & would love to get another one but I dont think my husband would approve... :)
After we found out we are having a girl this is what I purchased @ target...I thought it was super cute and for $3 well I didnt think I could go wrong! 
Speaking of our little girl, here is a profile picture of her from yesterday showing her nose, mouth & chin
Here are her tiny feet...she would cross her legs alot - Emma did the same thing in many of her ultrasounds as well
Here is them confirming she is really a she!! No doubt there!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend & are able to make some wonderful memories of your own!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting into the 20's... The u/s pictures are so cute - she's going to be a cutie. Did you go to group on Monday? How was it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new baby girl! We have a new one joining our family in a few weeks (my sister's). How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun update hun!! 20 weeks and counting, cant wait to meet baby girl Nixon. I love the book shelf and its so cute you put books in it before even getting it on the wall! Talk to you soon- love you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!