Wednesday, July 14, 2010

19 weeks

I have been using our ancient desktop since our laptop hasnt been working, and I was on the computer for about 20 minutes before we went to my in-laws for dinner...I came home to write an update post after I had loaded many pictures since June and the screen said that the computer has detected a hardrive failure...UGHH!!!  So another post without our pictures & a quick update...I hope all of you are wonderful - I will need to spend some serious time catching up on blogs once we get ONE of our computers fixed!!

How Far Along: 19 weeks


Size of baby: 8.5 ounces, the size of an heirloom tomato & about 6 inches long   

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  3lbs according to my scale at home

Maternity Clothes: I am still wearing my bella band with my jeans along with my work pants but dresses are still much more comfortable!  

Gender: Well the debate is still out...at my appointment on the 2nd (17 weeks) the u/s sound tech quick looked and thought it was a GIRL! We were shocked (both of us were convinced it was a boy since my pregnancies have been so different)...she said she couldnt look long but if she had to guess she would say girl (Josh is still hoping for a "late bloomer"...)- we will confirm at my ultrasound on Friday and then I also have another u/s the following week. Being high risk has its perks of seeing the baby so much! What we do KNOW is that this baby is a feisty one...he/she was all over during my u/s would wave at us then move, then cross their legs & just would not stop!


Movement: Its great! It is such a God given gift, especially for this over emotional worried pregnant lady...I felt movement with Emma but because there was no amniotic fluid with her it was a different feeling, more uncomfortable I would say...

What I miss: nothing

Sleep: I have had no problem sleeping. I do wake up about every 2-3 hours to go to the bathroom but am able to go right back to sleep


Symptoms: My meat aversions are starting to come around...THANKFULLY! I am just not a meat less type of girl so that was hard!

Cravings: I still love chipotle...other cravings have been licorice, chips, pickles & Simply lemonade, the raspberry kind...SO good!


Best Moment this week: feeling movement is always the best moment for me.  I feel the baby move especially after I eat, which I just love (eating & feeling the baby move :)

What I am looking forward to:  My appointment on Friday - it is a 70 minute ultrasound so I hope my SIL enjoys watching her niece or nephew on the screen!  Joshua cant go and because I have learned the hard way in the past to never go to an appointment alone, she is going with me.  She has been such a wonderful support & am so thankful for her!  Plus...hopefully the little bugger will let us confirm if its a he or she!

I hope all of you are having a wonderful week, I hope to have a computer working by this weekend...then I will be sure to let you know if baby Nixon is a boy or girl!!!  

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you. You give this empty arms mommy so much hope for a healthy baby next time. I'll be high risk as well. No matter boy or girl I am so thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be your newest prayer warrior. I am so touched by your loss of your sweet baby girl and wish you the very best with this pregnancy. I lost my youngest son Jake on June 17 from a gunshot and my heart is broken. We had him 40 years but that was not long enough. 3 minutes, 3 days, 3 weeks, 40 years, it is all the same a very un-natural and horrific thing for a mother to bury her child. God bless you. XXMollye

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!