Sunday, January 8, 2012

13 months

I cannot believe I just typed 13 months for the title.  I might have some tears in my eyes.  13 months seems like 13 years!  Way worse than 12 months for some odd reason. 
Okay Kal, momma will stop being emotional...for now.

Dear KK (your newest nickname, no idea how that one came about),

You have seemed to grow up so much in this last month.  You are running sprinting all over the place and you have the scrapes and bruises to prove it.  You are a little monkey, too.  Climbing on your chair and practically out of your crib.  What?!  Yes, I dont know what to do.  Either you are going in the pack n play or I need to get one of those crib tent thingy's.  Which I am sure will go over well...
You have a cheesey smile that I cannot seem to get on camera.  But it is oh.so.adorable. and cheesy.  You are signing please, especially when you want to read the same book for the 473948757120 time, momma cannot help but read again.  Speaking of books, you love them.  LOVE them.  Your favorites are Jesus Loves Me (we sing that one), Brown Bear, Brown Bear, Fuzzy animals, Baby Beluga, I love you more, and so many more.  We love to read :)
That doesnt mean the girl doesnt like to get her groove on.  Girlfriend loves to dance!  She shakes her booty, twists and turns, throws her hands up in the air, waves her arms around like she 'just dont care'  Must get all her moves from her momma.  Ha ha! 

You are such a sweet little thing.  You arent much of a cuddler, so when it happens I soak it up.  You are constantly moving.  When you have a bottle (she will NOT do a sippy.  HELP!) you are still kicking your legs.  I would love for some of your energy.  Anyways, back to your sweetness :)  You still love giving hugs.  
poor adrian getting attacked :)
 And you still are obsessed with Kobe.  I love baby/puppy love.  So sweet :)  The lovey.  You love your lovey.  I have at least 5, because goodness gracious if we ever dont have a lovey, watch out. 

You are still up throughout the night.  I have come to terms with the fact that you just wont sleep straight through.  That doesnt mean I wont keep trying everything in my livelong life but I will try and stop getting so surprised when I hear you :)
You talk/jabber from the second you are up in the morning until that pretty little head goes down at night.  You say 'hedoo' {hello}, 'ahhh da' {all done}, 'dada' {dad}, 'momma', 'dag' {dog} and 'ma' {more}.  There might be others but this is all a little loose talk anyways.....

Everything is a phone.  The remote, sippy cup, stuffed animals, books, you name it.  Everything goes up to the ear and you say 'hedoo'.  Hilarious.
You get your eating habits from your momma too.  Sister loves to eat.   Her favorite is chesse.  By far.  You also love bananas, pears, broccoli, green beans, mac & cheese, crackers, tomatoes and applesauce to name a few.  There isnt much (besides meat) that you dont love.
newest obsession: solo cups.  It started at Adrian's first birthday and she saw the red ones in our pantry and plays with them all.the.time.  

  It is so difficult to get a picture of you these days. 


We love you soo much Kallen!  I am so thankful to spend my days with you and be your momma!  I love you more than you'll ever know! 

4 comments:

  1. I love this post! What a beautiful 1year old picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable...and i love the way you love her...such a blessing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so much fun to read! I certainly can't give you any advice on losing the bottles because mine were all over 2 before I finally got them to give it up for a sippy. Ha! She is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so precious! what a doll baby... i love that second picture with her toofers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!