Friday, August 20, 2010

24 weeks

How Far Along: 24 weeks


Size of baby: According to babycenter.com - our little girl has gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her over a pound. She is almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), and soon she will start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. 

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I am thinking I am close to the 10 lb mark. I will find out at my appt today...
Maternity Clothes: I am still wearing some non-maternity clothes but they arent that comfortable...there are still a few things that fit fine but my work pants are all maternity and I need the belly band for my jeans.

Gender: Girl!


Movement: Its great! It is such a God given gift, especially for this over emotional worried pregnant mama...

Sleep: I still have a few sleeping issues.  The progesterone shots (that I am very grateful for) keep me "alert" throughout the night.  Just in preparation for those night feedings right?  

Symptoms: just getting bigger! 
Cravings: Sweets!

Best Moment this week:  Josh and I have finally agreed on a paint scheme for the room...which has been a long conversation and debate! 

What I am looking forward to:  Getting her room ready!  We are working slowly but surely.  Pictures will come soon!

My heart has been heavy this week.  One of my best friends unfortunately had a miscarriage and I know it is difficult not only enduring the loss of your baby, but also being around so many others who are pregnant.  She has a wonderful faith and has many prayers from family and friends, but as many of us who have lost a baby, we know it is anything but easy.  Could you please pray for her?  I dont want to share more details for her privacy but I know she would appreciate the prayers!  Thanks!

Well I hope you all have a wonderful weekend....my shelf in my closet literally fell off the wall this week so we have an additional project to take on so the closet isnt in shambles anymore!  We also have the fantasy football draft and a few other plans - I just love the weekends!!    

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. My sister and her husband have suffered multiple miscarriages and I know how hard it can be on a couple. They are in my prayers.
    I'm so glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well, you continue to be in my prayers too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!