Monday, August 2, 2010

Thing for the "ie"...

I have some pictures that I need to upload but since I am engulfed in the Bachelorette finale I am just not getting up to get the camera.  After watching half of the finale - I have no idea how it is going to end!!  They are trying to make us think all different things!! 

So instead I will leave you with our top name contenders.  We have been discussing names for awhile now, but have been unable to narrow them down.  I love everything about nicknames (so that also plays a part in the name) and if you cant tell from the names below I sort of have a thing for the "ie" sound at the end.  I think we will stick with these & then name her when I deliver...so in no particular order :

Addison (Addie)
Kallen (Kali)
Annie
Haddie
Elle (Ellie)

For the middle name we will do either Jayne after my great aunt who passed away 4 years ago who has/had such a big and wonderful impact on my life.  Jayne is her middle name and I love how it is spelt a little different as well.  She was just an amazing woman and I would love to honor her.  Or we will do Joy after Emma (her middle name).  I am struggling with this because I think it is a great way to incorporate Emma but then I also want to differentiate the 2 because even though Emma isn't here with us, she is still her own person and I dont want to take anything away from her either.  Oh the dilemmas.  

Well I have to get back to the Bachelorette!  It is getting good!!!!!!     

5 comments:

  1. all cute names! I have an Ellie, so I may be partial to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wanted to say, I have never been a fan of 2 middle names, but also wanted to carry on Jillian Grace's name...so we named our daughter, Brylie Nicole-Grace, so she has her own name, but we hope Grace can be passed on for many generations to honor Jillian! Just thought I would share what we did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All wonderful name choices! I like the last three because they go best with Jayne. I do also love the idea of using Joy and don't think you'd be taking anything away from Emma. All three of my girls have the middle name Grace. We felt it would be something special for them to carry on together since we never had any sons to carry on our last name!

    Hope you're feeling well this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie! Addison and Elliot are two of our top names for down the road if/when I get pregnant again. I love Addie and I love Ellie. The crazy thing is I'm thinking about using Jane as a middle name. I guess it's true when they say great minds think a like.
    I'm so glad that you are doing well. I'm praying for you and this sweet baby girl often. Thank you for your sweet words and comments. It means more to me than you will ever know.
    Love - Courtney C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our journey has begun!… secretly though

    If I’ve left you this message, you’re a follower of my original blog ~OR~ just someone I’ve happened upon while sending out these invites and that I would LOVE for to come along for the ride! Though I won’t be revealing who I am just yet – until we’re TO and THROUGH the first trimester! Just getting the word out about our new site – further explanation of all the secrecy and what we’re about on my first post. I’d love for you to stop by.

    Exciting things going on around here!

    www.definitelymaybebaby.com

    ~ the {secret} *Maybe* Baby Mama

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!