Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our Love Story

After reading many of the "What's Your Love Story" from this beautiful mama's link up I decided I better jump on the bandwagon.  Everyone loves a follower, no?


1. How long have you and your significant other been together?  Oh boy.  The husband and I met when I was just about to turn 15.  10+ years ago friends, crazy!  We were friends first, which to me, there is nothing better.  It is awesome being married to my best friend.   Anyways, back to this.  We made it official later on, but lets just say we have been together for about 8 years.  With one or two short breakups...but other than that, its been a loooong time ;)
oh my goodness we look SO young.  (my graduation party, circa June 2005) 
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?} We met in highschool through friends of friends.  Actually it started with their 'group of friends' that coached my younger brother's basketball team.  Thanks Chrissy!
3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell} We have been married for 4 years - this year will be our 5th year, crazy!
4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small? We got married at Joshua's grandparents church and then had the reception at a hotel.  And...definitely big.  SO big.  like served about 430 people big. But it was fabulous.  
Our wedding party.  It was a party, y'all.  And it was fabulous.
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share! Oh the usual's, 'babe', 'honey', 'love', and a few others......
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.  He loves me.  The good, the bad, the ugly.   He is a wonderful dad.  He loves his baby girl and boy, does she love her daddy.  Melts my heart.  He is my best friend.  I love that he is the first person I call and the person I trust the most.    
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?  We had plans to celebrate Christmas & such, we went out to dinner (I almost ruined by wanting to go to my younger brother's basketball game, but he assured me if I still wanted to go after our 'gifts' that we could go) and then back to his parents (sans parents) house to exchange gifts.  I was completely shocked at the proposal, as he was a sneaky little guy and of course, had me thinking it would be much farther away.  I gave him my gift {laker's blanket?  No idea of what it actually was} and then he said some beautiful, wonderful, sappy words and I melted.  And he proposed.      
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petalsI have gotten champagne and rose petals, but I would say he is definitely more of a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy ;)
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? Can I say both?!  I would LOVE a sunset dinner on the beach, but we are most of the time pop a movie and cuddle on the couch couple
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?  Oh I would love a trip overseas or to some secluded tropical island vacation in a {luxurious} hut over water.  You know what I'm talking about.  BLISS, people, bliss. 
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. We dont have plans as of now.  With the hubs working some crazy long hours we just haven't planned anything.   Hopefully a nice dinner?
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? So many things!  But, since we are on a tight tight budget, I am thinking I might get flowers.  Maybe.  Ha!
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Oh boy.  I would say affirmation.  Maybe it's one of my love languages (poor hubby, I have a little bit of each love language) but it goes along with respecting each other and building each other up.  Life is tough, even if you have it 'easy'.  So throw in everything that life throws at you and then add a marriage {plus kids adds a whole other category} it is nothing easy.  That affirmation {& communication all around} is huge.  Especially if you are a stayathomemomwhobarelygetsinaweeklyshower ;)
14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you I have a few pictures, but this is on my computer and that doesnt involve me getting up and scanning in ;) 
 Love this man.  

3 comments:

  1. Awwww... I love reading love stories! You guys look like babies in that first picture!
    And I love the colors you chose for your wedding. So elegant and Christmas-y

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute angie... I feel like it was only yesterday we were @ your wedding! It was such a pretty winterful night...LOVE YOU BOTH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW I love love stories and your last picture is definitely awesome - I love that you can see passion right through a photograph!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!