Friday, July 31, 2009

Show us your life - Wedding Party & Flowers!

I am joining in on Kelly's "Show us your life" again...2 days late! This week is wedding party and flowers. A couple of my 2 favorite things in life are Christmas time and flowers - which were highlights at our wedding! I loved having a "Christmas theme" wedding. We were married December 21st, 2007, it was a Friday night wedding. We got married at Josh's grandparents church and his grandpa is a Baptist pastor and he married us, which was very special to us. Josh's best friend from college who was a groomsmen sang I will be here by Steven Curtis Chapman while we were lighting our unity candle and giving roses to each of our parents. My dad played the trumpet for the recessional - It meant so much - even though he didnt anticipate being a little choked up after the ceremony - and now to this day he is still upset about it.
Anyways! Now on to my wonderful wedding party!

My bridesmaids wore black, strapless dresses and all looked so beautiful! I had 6 bridesmaids, a junior bridesmaid, and flower girl as well. We also had 6 groomsmen and a ring bearer. Our wedding party was AWESOME and I hope they had as much fun as we did! (Beware, long post ahead :) My sister, Nikki was my maid of honor, she is 6 years younger than me and just growing up so fast. She hated the fact that I wouldnt put off my wedding for a couple weeks until she got her braces off...oh the joys of being a teenager! Tonya is my best friend, we went to high school and college together and were roommates in college as well. We also have the same degree's so we went through almost All of our classes together - we had many fun, late nights "studying" and many laughs throughout all of our classes. Did I mention she is Josh's cousin too? Oh so convenient for us! And her hubby is Josh's best friend from school as well! Works out perfectly! Jessie was next, she is my cousin and just the sweetest girl. She sings beautifully and I cannot believe she is a senior in high school this year - I am feeling old... Bethany is my wonderful sister - in- law, the one I talked about in detail Here. She picked me up the morning of our wedding and brought me to get my make up done and was a major help! We have become closer through all that has happened this past year and I am so thankful for that and wouldnt have it any other way! Katie is Josh's cousin who I went to college with as well, she is fun and always up to doing anything with you! Emilie is also Josh's cousin. She is such a sweet girl. She was so excited about being in the wedding - I know this because she works at Bethel (where I went to school) and I think everyone knew I was getting married in December after Josh graduated and that she was in the wedding! She is too cute!

Lindsey (Junior Bridesmaid), Jack (ring bearer) and Kylie (flower girl) are my cousins. I grew up babysitting/nannying for them. I remember when ALL of them were born, and now Linds is going to be in 7th grade! Talk about feeling old...Here is a picture of Jack and Kylie walking down the aisle...aren't they adorable??!!!

Josh's best man was his brother, Jayson, and he gave the best toast at the reception and it was very meaningful and so true. He is a wonderful guy and role model for his younger bro. Dave was next, and he is Josh's best friend from 5th grade. Dave is married to Tonya, which I mentioned earlier - so us 4 have great memories and fun times together!! Jon is Josh's best friend from college. He is originally from Iowa, and we are so bummed that him and his wife Katie moved back home after college. They are so fun to get together with - especially now they have Hallie and Katie is pregnant with number 2! We so enjoy our weekend getaway's to Iowa to visit and love when they come here as well! Chris is my younger brother. He is a great guy and whatever girl ends up with him is very lucky :) Growing up with a younger sister and an older sister gives him a little perspective on girls. Dan is one of Joshs friends from school as well - and now he is getting married in a couple weeks as well! Tommy is Josh's cousin - and getting married in October! He is a great guy, all of our wedding party was just wonderful! Here is a picture of the guys - side view...


The girls and I carried red roses, to match the poinsettia's at the church. I also had ivory roses mixed in my bouquet. Our flowers were beautiful!! I dont have a picture of just the flowers but hopefully you are able to see them through the pictures...! It was great having a Christmas wedding - There were gorgeous Christmas trees and many poinsettia's which made the Christmas theme all come together!

Go to Kellys Korner to check out the other wedding parties and flowers!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Gotta love the Christmas look in pictures! You chose a good date for the wedding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pix! We had six bridesmaids and groomsmen at our wedding too...along with "I Will Be Here." It's a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie...sorry I'm late in commenting on this one! :) Your wedding pics were awesome. If I could do it over again, I would get married on a Friday night. I actually thought about doing that but it wasn't that easy for all of our family, so we decided on a Sat wedding.

    I loved everything about your wedding! December is such a special month...I love Christmas time too. My birthday is on the 12th of December too, so that's another reason why I like Dec so much!

    Hope you're having a good week so far and I'll talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!